Ceol

Discussion
Mass Re-Training

Should we do a Mass Re-Training?   24 members have voted

1. 1. Should we do a Mass Re-Training?

• Yes
    • No (Explain Why)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

0 posts in this topic

Recently [USER=499]@Flwuffy[/USER] made a post outlining about how staff aren't doing their job. Because of this, I propose another mass re-training for both low tier and mid tier staff (Officer to Head Admin). If this mass re-training is to occur, all those who wish to keep their Jailbreak rank are supposed to attend (however, if you cannot for real life problems, I can do a run down with you).

Alright this is the idea, we're going to interview every staff member of Jailbreak and we're going to question them about the rules and what to do in situations. If they pass they keep their rank and if they failed they much be retrain right away which means they must be back to a officer. Agree or Disagree from both here and the thread. [USERGROUP=48]@Jailbreak Certified[/USERGROUP] , [USERGROUP=3]@Owner[/USERGROUP] , [USERGROUP=13]@Co-Owner[/USERGROUP]

[QUOTE="LT.Kitty-Kat, post: 14158, member: 59"]Alright this is the idea, we're going to interview every staff member of Jailbreak and we're going to question them about the rules and what to do in situations. If they pass they keep their rank and if they failed they much be retrain right away which means they must be back to a officer. Agree or Disagree from both here and the thread. [USERGROUP=48]@Jailbreak Certified[/USERGROUP] , [USERGROUP=3]@Owner[/USERGROUP] , [USERGROUP=13]@Co-Owner[/USERGROUP][/QUOTE] Me being the foriving person I am, I feel like this mass re-training could be a last warning. If it continues, we can resort to that.

I voted yes but I am still going to give my take on what I think about all of this. Any officer will be able to recite rules and how to act in typical situations on Jailbreak. I think it should be more direct. See how the staff member has been handling reports instead of asking each staff member the same questions. This will be effective to REALLY sweep at the bad staff. I also think there needs to be a parole officer type of thing to check on them. Not enough people are checking on them which is giving the staff t have an take advantage.

[QUOTE="DJ Kleiner, post: 14161, member: 587"]Any officer will be able to recite rules and how to act in typical situations on Jailbreak[/QUOTE] You already need to know that to pass OSP training and move on to Moderator

[QUOTE="Lykkos, post: 14153, member: 143"]all those who wish to keep their Jailbreak rank are supposed to attend[/QUOTE] Also, don't think I'm trying to use shock factor or anything. I'm being dead serious. I will remove your rank if you don't make it and haven't informed me why.

[QUOTE="Lykkos, post: 14153, member: 143"]Recently [USER=499]@Flwuffy[/USER] made a post outlining about how staff aren't doing their job. Because of this, I propose another mass re-training for both low tier and mid tier staff (Officer to Head Admin). If this mass re-training is to occur, all those who wish to keep their Jailbreak rank are supposed to attend (however, if you cannot for real life problems, I can do a run down with you).[/QUOTE] I think it should include everyone. Not just to Head-Admin.. I think everyone including Admiral and below.

[FONT=Marck Script][SIZE=7][COLOR=#0080ff]Alright, we will be hosting this Re-Training on [/COLOR][COLOR=#b30059]Saturday, March 19th at 11:45 am CST. [/COLOR][COLOR=#0080ff]All high tier staff (Commander+) do not need to attend this meeting unless you would like to help. We will be using Kitty's idea. [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]If you fail you will be demoted to Officer and placed back into the OSP Program. [/COLOR][COLOR=#b300b3]If you cannot make it please contact me ASAP. [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffff00]If too many people cannot attend, the date will be moved.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE="Lykkos, post: 14272, member: 143"][FONT=Marck Script][SIZE=7][COLOR=#0080ff]Alright, we will be hosting this Re-Training on [/COLOR][COLOR=#b30059]Saturday, March 19th at 11:45 am CST. [/COLOR][COLOR=#0080ff]All high tier staff (Commander+) do not need to attend this meeting unless you would like to help. We will be using Kitty's idea. [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]If you fail you will be demoted to Officer and placed back into the OSP Program. [/COLOR][COLOR=#b300b3]If you cannot make it please contact me ASAP. [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffff00]If too many people cannot attend, the date will be moved.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE] Why not Commanders? Commanders should be apart of it too. It should be Co-Owners and Owners host it.

I strongly oppose this mass re-training because this will end up being a 40-90 minute lecture on the rules, punishments, and other various staff resources/tools. Most staff don't understand this material due to their lack of consistent training from their designated OSP trainer as well as their activity on the server. Having a giant meeting on this will not resolve the misunderstandings and misinterpretations of the Rules. However, I believe having a question panel for staff to freely ask the upper staff for clarification will be more beneficial and effective than a lecture full of staff being more confused and stressed out than before. Having a question panel for the staff will not resolve our current issue either. I also believe that a better 'hands on' approach on both sides (OSP and Staff) will reduce the level of confusion and increase the servers' productivity. OSP need to be more realistic and understandable (elaborating on why _______ is a rule/Talking about why __________ is bad). The staff also have to put in the effort to apply these concepts to the server frequently; Practicing these concepts will make you become more familiar and successful on the servers.
1 person likes this

[QUOTE="Lykkos, post: 15378, member: 143"]Yeah, so [USER=59]@LT.Kitty-Kat[/USER] apparently took control of this from me so... :p[/QUOTE] In order for her to take control you would of needed to actually have had control before #roasted2k16

[QUOTE="tster2011, post: 15379, member: 432"]In order for her to take control you would of needed to actually have had control before #roasted2k16[/QUOTE] Excuse me, but who created this poll? Who came up with the idea? That's right, me.