tster2011

Why Join The Hearthigen Embassy?

0 posts in this topic

disclaimer: All opinions posted in this are those who posted those opinions not those of any other person in the HGEN Embasy This is a true story When I got Gmod it was for mainly Jailbreak, I loved watching YouTubers play and that got me hooked, so as I was scrolling through the servers I found two servers 1.) (Server A) 2.)HGEN Server A was full of people that caused problems were very inappropriate and made the game kinda crappy, I spent 2 hours on server A. Hearthigen has been my home ever since I joined in not knowing what rdm was, I could of gotten banned once for Mass Rdm because I didn't know the difference between crouch walking and Alt walking, thankfully someone took the time to talk to me in interogation. I learned the ropes in Hearthigen met loads of people one person actually lives 1.5 hours away from me and I live in the middle of no where and we met in HGEN, one day I do plan to meet that person and put a face to his name. Road to officer: The most joyous moment of my life was when I posted my Member app and the +1s started flowing in, once my application was accepted I went around and I was like hey kitty? If I applied for staff would you give me a reference when she said yes I was glowing, it fuled me to go out and get the requirements for staff, big shout out to Kitty, Lykkos, Nein, Pandalf and Fanus for making my dream of giving back to the server possible. Once I got accepted that was it I wanted to be the best I could, and we did have some bumps along the way but everyone learns from them. After officer, I got forum officer, then my Moderator promotion came in Shout out to Johny for that, and just recently I became a recruitment officer. I actually got to teach someone from square 1 everything that I have learned today that is such a great feeling. To close off the moral of this story is simple; Hearthigen is a great community, please try to be a part of it because it is such a rewarding feeling to have all the support that this family gives you. Special shoutout to Disbelief/Suicide for being the Moderator who was the push behind me in a sence that he is the one staff member who had the biggest impact on me making my officer application. I hope this show anyone who might want to join that they definitely should. Thanks for taking the time to read this; Tster

Since we're telling our stories here, I must state my story as well. It all started 3-4 years ago, when I was around 13-14 years old, I was finding servers to troll around and shit, and I think this was after I got banned off a sandbox server for crashing it, and another TTT server for mass rdm, so I decided to go onto this TTT server called Dishonored Legion, and I had plans to troll, but I wanted to do it sneakily. However, when I first came in, I was introduced and greeted by many people immediately. I'm like, "why is everyone greeting me? I never had a server greet me like this, this is weird.", but yet, it made me not want to troll it. I ended up being friends with some random guy (he doesn't play anymore though, and I'm sure he deleted me eventually because he cleared his friends list), and he was trying to tell me how "evil" Heliuxen was, but I wasn't really sure because Heliuxen seemed way too nice for me. Anyways, so I started talking to the members more, to the point where I eventually signed up for D|L, and became an active member to the community. If it wasn't for those staff/regular users and Heliuxen greeting me instantly the moment I just came in there, I would've never been a member of this community, and I would've continued on being a gmod troll rather than helping out a community for 3 years. This is also the longest I've been loyal to a community when I used to be a high tier admin for a DarkRP server that went downhill due to the lack of care being given from the Owner, but seeing Heliuxen caring so much about the people and his server, it made GMOD actually fun for me to enjoy without bullshitting around.