Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heliuxen

An Update on the Updates

Hearthigen Jailbreak,

The most anticipated update has taken a very interesting turn. I originally planned to just release the update I had this weekend since it is pretty massive in terms of how much it adds for players.

However, I think I have figured out the next best move for this update that I am working diligently on. This can certainly be a thread where ideas and comments can help influence the additions that I am working on.

I have mentioned a few times that these updates are geared towards teamwork for prisoners and better guard defense as it should be. I have been thinking about this more and more... I feel like there is a core component of "prison movies" that is missing from Jailbreak in general - strategy. We lack a way to really perform a "reasonable ambush" on a guard or fellow prisoner. Right now it is pretty straight forward, and that does contribute to some of the most boring gameplay that users grow tired of. To clarify this - I will not be removing that ability either. However, I will add an element of gameplay that will allow prisoners to strategically take a defensive position within the game as guards attempt to break down the area being defended. Now, please hear me out before you comment, "NO!!!!"

Claymore mines. Non-purchasable, but they also serve as a strategic defensive measure for guards and prisoners alike. I will make it so that they take a few seconds (Probably five) to fully deploy to eliminate any "drop claymore" which would make no sense.

I am currently running through these possibilities as I think adding different forms of gameplay will enhance player experience without significantly detracting certain natural aspects of the gameplay. Certainly claymore won't be a one hit kill on a guard, but I will probably add a slow effect or something similar to help create a more "realistic effect" to the weapon.

This is among a series of weapons whose main function is to allow players to set up defensive measures while also giving way for prisoners to better coordinate strikes and other means.

It is called "Jailbreak." The name itself suggests users will attempt to disobey while others attempt to obey. Having certain elements added will give other users the ability to truly create a "jail break."

I am happy to hear opinions and thoughts on this, so as always, feel free to share!

Heliuxen

Awards

All I know is right now it’s easier to kill the warden than to make rice. All I need to do is purchase a Mac-10 using the quick buy technique which gives me instant use of weapons and guards/wardens don’t have time to react.

Adding a claymore that would have a stun/slow or even a blind effect for a few seconds wouldn’t be a to bad idea. It doesn’t feel like a jailbreak weapon at all though more like a Call of Duty thing but the idea is neat. As long as you don’t try and go with the idea of making it more like a real jailbreak scenario there shouldn’t be an issue.

I am currently at work so I’m more or less spitballing and rambling so I apologize if this doesn’t convey exactly what I’m trying to say. 

4 minutes ago, MaxwellTheWolf said:

Question, you said prisoners might be able to defend a position. Does that mean if you are actively defending, it doesn't count as camping? 

Adding in to this, making prisoners able to defend a spot would probably incourage more camping and would interfere with the Actively Rebelling rule as it would in courage people to wait. This all depends on how it’s done though like maybe being able to shut a door and lock it requiring a 3 second unlocking phase before being able to use it again.

9 minutes ago, TurtleRusher said:

Adding in to this, making prisoners able to defend a spot would probably incourage more camping and would interfere with the Actively Rebelling rule as it would in courage people to wait. This all depends on how it’s done though like maybe being able to shut a door and lock it requiring a 3 second unlocking phase before being able to use it again

Yes, that's why I asked the question. I was wondering if Heli maybe had away to deal with this interference with the Actively Rebelling rule.

25 minutes ago, Heliuxen said:

However, I will add an element of gameplay that will allow prisoners to strategically take a defensive position within the game as guards attempt to break down the area being defended.

Awards

Regarding encouraging camping - 

I would think the best way to look at this is as a defensive measure when prisoners are running towards a location (leading a guard straight into the mine as an ambush technique) versus everyone huddling around the fire waiting.

Awards

It's not an issue with the Lua coding or addons, it's an issue with the maps itself.

Go play Roblox's Jailbreak for some ideas, once you escape there's a city waiting for you to commit crimes in.

Right now the only reason to escape is Last Request. I'm a nooby mapper so I certainly won't be the one to save us all with the Mona Lisa of maps but maybe if you added simple mechanics like... Take control of the armory for 2 minutes for points while the guards are able to see them with a halo.Add or have a random chance for one of the prisoners to be given a pistol and HUDPrint appears saying "Use team chat 3 times and then kill the warden for points!" but what do I know cause all I get is flaked that's messed up Heli

Awards

1 hour ago, Heliuxen said:

Claymore mines. Non-purchasable, but they also serve as a strategic defensive measure for guards and prisoners alike. I will make it so that they take a few seconds (Probably five) to fully deploy to eliminate any "drop claymore" which would make no sense.

So if this is a strategic defense measure for guards, what happens when "xXxTrollhehexd420" joins the server, joins guards, sets down claymore mines and then prisoners get RDM'd/Attempted RDM because of this. I love the idea but the scenario, I described, I see being abundant. It's a great thought and possibly making it limited and for prisoners only could possibly work but I do see possible camping being involved. 

32 minutes ago, Heliuxen said:

Regarding encouraging camping - 

I would think the best way to look at this is as a defensive measure when prisoners are running towards a location (leading a guard straight into the mine as an ambush technique) versus everyone huddling around the fire waiting.

The camping isn’t referring the claymore, me and Maxwell are concerned at where you said “prisoners can strategically take a defensive position”. A claymore is a trap, what did you mean by defensive position?

4 minutes ago, PJtrey said:

So if this is a strategic defense measure for guards, what happens when "xXxTrollhehexd420" joins the server, joins guards, sets down claymore mines and then prisoners get RDM'd/Attempted RDM because of this. I love the idea but the scenario, I described, I see being abundant. It's a great thought and possibly making it limited and for prisoners only could possibly work but I do see possible camping being involved. 

I didn’t even think of that, even if someone isn’t trolling, the chances of prisoners accidentally getting hit by these would be high. If you did add claymores I agree that it should be a prisoner only thing unless you do something like I suggested earlier where they don’t do damage but instead have a blind/slow/freeze affect applied for a few seconds.

1 hour ago, PJtrey said:

The same person could join the server, pick up an M4 and gun down an entire line of people. There's no efficient way to deter trolls.

1 hour ago, TurtleRusher said:

The camping isn’t referring the claymore, me and Maxwell are concerned at where you said “prisoners can strategically take a defensive position”. A claymore is a trap, what did you mean by defensive position?

I didn’t even think of that, even if someone isn’t trolling, the chances of prisoners accidentally getting hit by these would be high. If you did add claymores I agree that it should be a prisoner only thing unless you do something like I suggested earlier where they don’t do damage but instead have a blind/slow/freeze affect applied for a few seconds.

Taking a defensive position is pretty simple. All prisoners will be cornered when they rebel. If they are in DJ and warden says, "Guards, go knock them out of DJ" the guards then have the chance to slam into the mines.

Awards

1 hour ago, Heliuxen said:

Taking a defensive position is pretty simple. All prisoners will be cornered when they rebel. If they are in DJ and warden says, "Guards, go knock them out of DJ" the guards then have the chance to slam into the mines.

I see, I guess I misunderstood what you meant by defensive position. I assumed it was referring to new items being able to block paths or something of the sort. Even to the extent of being able to be able to almost build a safe area of sorts. If all you meant is a defensive countermeasure to being killed then that makes more sense lol.