Heliuxen

Discussion
Favorite Quotes

9 posts in this topic

Time for some favorite quotes! I'll list a few.

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. . . . You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs – Victory in spite of all terrors – Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.”

– Winston Churchill in his initial speech as Prime Minister to the House of Commons (10 May 1940)

Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

We are trying to construct a more inclusive society. We are going to make a country in which no one is left out.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Understanding your employee's perspective can go a long way towards increasing productivity and happiness.

Kathryn Minshew

Employees who believe that management is concerned about them as a whole person - not just an employee - are more productive, more satisfied, more fulfilled. Satisfied employees mean satisfied customers, which leads to profitability.

Anne M. Mulcahy

An employee's motivation is a direct result of the sum of interactions with his or her manager.

Bob Nelson

My favorite quotes <3 Some of them thanks to @Heliuxen for showing me

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
  • “There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.” -Edgar Allan Poe
  • "If we open a quarrel between past & present, we shall find that we have lost the future." -Winston Churchill