• Keep banned: Shoot or don't shoot
    • Keep banned: Change of Elevation Day
    • Keep banned: Weeping Angel Day
    • Unban: Warday / Siege Day
    • Unban: Hunger Games
    • Unban: Shoot or don't shoot
    • Unban: Change of Elevation Day
    • Unban: Weeping Angel Day

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

Weeping Angel Day and Change of Elevation Day just sound like a headache when it comes to moderation of RDM reports.

Evidence is a lot less clear, and extremely difficult to verify, which is likely to cause issues for both players and staff.

These should probably stay banned.

I'm on the fence about "Shoot or Don't Shoot". I'm under the impression that the premise upon which it was banned was that prisoners are not in control of their death. But this is also true about any luck-based game, such as the roulette, four-square, Simon Says Colour game, etc.

One potential real "con" about this day is the potential for meta-gaming, but the presence of meta-gaming as an issue applies pretty evenly across all minigames, so I don't feel that meta-gaming alone would be a sufficient reason to ban this day.

Hunger Games and War Day are also debatable. We essentially already have "Hunger Games Day", we just refer to it as "Friendly Fire Hide-and-Seek". They're banned because prisoners are allowed (encouraged!) to rush the armoury and grab weapons. They can probably stay banned, but we already have FF Hide-and-Seek.

Hunger Games and War Day are also debatable. We essentially already have "Hunger Games Day", we just refer to it as "Friendly Fire Hide-and-Seek". They're banned because prisoners are allowed (encouraged!) to rush the armoury and grab weapons. They can probably stay banned, but we already have FF Hide-and-Seek.

That's wrong though, prisoners are encouraged to hide and survive, kos areas are still kos no matter what in this day, unlike with Hunger Games/War Day. There are many weapons around all the maps that prisoners may pick up to kill each other, and there's also the point-shop. Prisoners try to be the last one alive so they get LR, on this specific day, it doesn't matter what they do (That its not KOS-Able anyway).

So no, Hunger Games/War Day is NOT the same as Hide & Seek Ft. Friendly Fire.

That's wrong though, prisoners are encouraged to hide and survive, kos areas are still kos no matter what in this day, unlike with Hunger Games/War Day. There are many weapons around all the maps that prisoners may pick up to kill each other, and there's also the point-shop. Prisoners try to be the last one alive so they get LR, on this specific day, it doesn't matter what they do (That its not KOS-Able anyway).

So no, Hunger Games/War Day is NOT the same as Hide & Seek Ft. Friendly Fire.

I'm not saying they're exactly the same, they're just very similar in terms of action. It doesn't matter that KOS areas are still KOS, they're still shot on sight, so they're similar, and this leads to the encouragement of acquiring a weapon to improve chances of survival, whether against other prisoners or guards.

Though another problem with War Day or Hunger Games is the potential for overuse. In a past community this was alleviated by restricting them. (E.g. No back-to-back warday/HG)

I'm not saying they're exactly the same, they're just very similar in terms of action. It doesn't matter that KOS areas are still KOS, they're still shot on sight, so they're similar, and this leads to the encouragement of acquiring a weapon to improve chances of survival, whether against other prisoners or guards.

Though another problem with War Day or Hunger Games is the potential for overuse. In a past community this was alleviated by restricting them. (E.g. No back-to-back warday/HG)

The thing is, War Day is Deathmatch, while HnS with FF isn't.

The thing is, War Day is Deathmatch, while HnS with FF isn't.

I agree with this, and feel that by keeping these days banned, we encourage FF HnS instead, which actually ends up being a more fun "deathmatch-style" variant which has more potential to offer LR. Thank you Moon.

But this is also true about any luck-based game, such as the roulette, four-square, Simon Says Colour game, etc.

Correcting this statement, the Simon Says Colour thing isn't luck-based, so it isn't an example. But you get the idea.

I think all of the days should stay banned except one thing. I don't actually know what change of elevation day is. mind explaining before I cast my vote?

Change of Elevation Day is a day where prisoners are KOS if they change their elevation (distance to the ground) in any way.

E.g. Going down stairs, jumping, etc.

It is banned because it is considered too restrictive. It'd also likely be difficult to moderate.

Change of Elevation Day is a day where prisoners are KOS if they change their elevation (distance to the ground) in any way.

E.g. Going down stairs, jumping, etc.

It is banned because it is considered too restrictive. It'd also likely be difficult to moderate.

Like walking outside in New Summer has a small ramp. Which people would claim KOS from the small change in elevation. Which brings up several problems like RDM n' such.

Weeping Angel sounds like a awesome day!!! Someone explain it to me?

Its like a green light red light day. But with this prisoners can move, but guards can't see them move or else they are kos'd. Thats all I know.

Yes that's essentially it, and to my understanding, it's banned because there's no real way to determine whether there's reliable evidence for RDM.

Everything ends up being hearsay, and it's too difficult to moderate accurately.