• Announcements

• kanalumaddela

Welcome   11/15/2016

Welcome to our community! While we are primarily a Garry's Mod community. We have expanded our servers to other areas and are welcome to new ideas and players. After registering with us, feel free to apply and become a part of our family! https://www.hearthigen.com/forms/2/hearthigen-member-application/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heliuxen

changes
What to Expect Soon

17 posts in this topic

In Hearthigen, we are consistently working to make the community better for each of you. With that, change takes time to really be implemented. I apologize that we are not able to be as swift as some may like, but I will share with you what we plan to change and update:

new.gif  Community Ranking system

1. Community Rank separate from Server & Department but draws from them as well (i.e. if your rank is Super Admin on JB that doesn't guarantee you Super Admin in Community rank. Likewise, if you are in a Department as a Director that could guarantee you a higher Community rank that previous.)

new.gif  Departmental Value Shifts

1. Departments will now hold more weight in our ranking system as aforementioned
  2. Departments will be more focused, Staff may be required to choose a department by a certain rank
  3. Departments will develop a stronger cohesion to the community and will receive special titles on the server if they are not a Staff member

new.gif  User Value Shifts

1. "Trusted" rank more coveted, not afforded to HGEN members
  2. "Trusted" rank will be used to denote a player's contribution to the community
  3. Other ranks may be added for further use if needed

new.gif  Server Ranks updated

1. Server ranks will be updated to a more fluid ranking system with clear objectives that are required for Staff to complete
  2. Promotions will be more focused on merit, less focused on activity in general (although inactivity will stop that, so don't take this as saying "you can be inactive.")

new.gif  Retirement Program

1. Retirement Program will be harder to get out of, i.e. receiving your rank back won't be so easy, you may be placed back at Officer or Moderator depending on your test score. 
  2. Retirement Program will no longer permit Retired users to return to Top Tier immediately

new.gif  New Ministries will be added

1. There will be at least two new ministries added to the community that will have available leadership positions that will take post over some of the departments to ensure greater communication and cohesion.
  2. Ministries will function like Ministry of the Interior

new.gif  New Server Leader Positions

1. There is a plan in place to incorporate new Server Leader positions that are not necessarily Overseers but help contribute to the overall growth of our servers. We are taking a greater approach to how we handle our programs and our servers in general.

This is just a few of the things we look to change. Thank you to all Top Tier for their contributions in making this community better, including @Donka. As we continually aim to make this a safer and happier environment for all, please bear with us as these changes occur.

Much love,

Heliuxen

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Dradaus said:

I still would like to hear how you would feel about my rotation rank idea, (also Its nice to see that you listen to us and our feedback in archs channel so thanks Heli.)

As I see it. From the suggestions that I have previously saw, I think it is a combination between the 2-3 suggestions

2 minutes ago, Lethal Bacon said:

User Value Shifts was something that needed to be changed on the community. I felt weird when I was inmidiately promoted to Trusted, without passing through Member. @FatesDeath will be happy with this change.

Thank you Heli!

As always, we all try and work to make the community a better place. 

It was not just me, it was all Top Tier pitching together to try and update how we handle situations. We want what is best for everyone, and what is best is what you are seeing come forth. We think.

Heliuxen

8 minutes ago, Heliuxen said:
  • Retirement Program will be harder to get out of, i.e. receiving your rank back won't be so easy, you may be placed back at Officer or Moderator depending on your test score. 
  • Retirement Program will no longer permit Retired users to return to Top Tier immediately

Oh. I suppose I regret my decision somewhat but it had to come to an end eventually. Admittedly, I do feel unshackled. 

11 minutes ago, Heliuxen said:
  1. Promotions will be more focused on merit, less focused on activity in general (although inactivity will stop that, so don't take this as saying "you can be inactive.")

I used to beg for this. I hope it actually is implemented. Not to be entirely pessimistic but actions are different than words. 

please don't hurt me :< 

I think it's good that change is being done for the better. It'll be nice to see some of the changes in the rare occurrence of me venturing onto Jailbreak. 

2 hours ago, Heliuxen said:

It was not just me, it was all Top Tier pitching together to try and update how we handle situations. We want what is best for everyone, and what is best is what you are seeing come forth. We think.

I know, lord Heliuxen. But the only one who updates us with the news, is you (mostly. Forgive me Architectous)

That's why I thanked you. But I know the whole staff team is working to improve the server.

Appreciated!

This community I hold dear to my heart. I'm excited and anxious to see what is to come in the near future. I'm glad to be back and I'm extremely willing and dedicated to making an effort in contributing back to the community that has helped me through rough patches in life. To all that read this message, whether close to me or not, slightly irritating to me or not, you all will always be a part of my family. Love you Hearthigen <3