Killer Memestar

Important
Updated Application for Jailbreak Officer

0 posts in this topic

- Microphone is needed to be able to complete your tasks - Have 24 or more hours played on Jailbreak - You must recite a poem to Heliuxen of your choosing - You must accept the terms at the bottom. - Your age is not allowed to be on the clock, unless, you get pre-approval from Heliuxen. - TeamSpeak is REQUIRED and you must have five hours on it. - You must be active on the forums (Making Posts, Suggesting Ideas Rating Posts and such) - You must be on the forums for AT LEAST 2 weeks. - You MUST know all of the rules in game, and recite them in the exam/training - Failing the exam will result in an instant denial of the application - The questions will be out of 100 points, getting below 75 is a failure, and you reapply in a week if you fail -Do not lie in your application, If you lie, it will result in a denial of the application [SIZE=4][B]Requirements Checklist[/B][/SIZE] What is your age?: Is your Date of Birth correct on your profile? Yes No Have you ever been banned? Please explain if you have. You have read and understand the server/team speak rules: Yes No Do you have a microphone active? Yes No Do you know how to go warden and do you go warden actively? Yes No I have played 24 or more hours on Jailbreak: Yes No [SIZE=4][B]General Information[/B][/SIZE] Name you go by: What qualities do you think you can bring to the position? (One Paragraph Minimum) Your Steam ID or Steam Community Profile Page, Not your name: Members of the community you know: Your in-game name, TeamSpeak name and your forum name all match: Yes No What qualities make you fit to be a leader. (5 bullets with detailed explanation) What made you want to apply? (Put in a paragraph or 3 good Bullet points) [SIZE=4][B]You must have FIVE Jailbreak Server Super Mod + References[/B][/SIZE] References: [B]Non Legitimate references will result in an instant denial of application[/B] You Need to pick your first, second, and third Trainer for OSP training Primary Trainer: Secondary Trainer: Third Trainer: Terms on the bottom: [B][I][COLOR=#00ffff]This is the application that we normally use for JB, but I made some changes that will make it harder to become staff. Please take this into consideration. Type in +1 If you think these should be the new requirements for JB officer Type in -1 and why if you disagree Type in abstain if you like pickles[/COLOR][/I][/B]

[SIZE=6]Also, for the Examination (test), Some questions could look like this: Q: Give three correct instances of it being a freeday. A: Warden Dies, No command by 9:30, and Doors aren't opened by 9:00 Failing too many questions would result in a fail, and the application would be voided. Do the quiz before the training so you don't waste your time training them, and if they still get questions wrong after training, then there is no point in having them as staff ( they don't understand the rules )[/SIZE]
1 person likes this

[QUOTE="Puma, post: 7945, member: 98"][SIZE=6]Also, for the Examination (test), Some questions could look like this: Q: Give three correct instances of it being a freeday. A: Warden Dies, No command by 9:30, and Doors aren't opened by 9:00 Failing too many questions would result in a fail, and the application would be voided. Do the quiz before the training so you don't waste your time training them, and if they still get questions wrong after training, then there is no point in having them as staff ( they don't understand the rules )[/SIZE][/QUOTE] I like it, it makes sure that people applying actually know the rules instead of just applying cuz they get like commands or donator shop

seriously recite ALL the rules iv seen few mods need to copy and paste the rules so to say need to have them all remembered to a TEE is fucked could you recite all of them off the top of your head? on the spot maybe a majoity or a test of situations and what rule would come in to play in that situation

[QUOTE="FatesDeath, post: 8208, member: 322"]maybe a majoity or a test of situations and what rule would come in to play in that situation[/QUOTE] who said it was going to be all the rules? It's exactly just a test of situations that would require you to know the rules.

[QUOTE="FatesDeath, post: 8208, member: 322"]could you recite all of them off the top of your head? on the spot[/QUOTE] First its only 20 or so rules, if you cant remember 20 different rules at least slightly, why would you become staff. Secondly, It isn't off the top of your head. When I got accepted for Jailbreak staff, I waited almost five days for Imasin or Skyy to get on ( they were the only people that could train ). So you could always say "Hey, wait a minute, let me look over the rules quickly.

[QUOTE="Puma, post: 7929, member: 98"] - You MUST know all of the rules in game, and recite them in the exam/training[/QUOTE] [QUOTE="Puma, post: 8299, member: 98"] Secondly, It isn't off the top of your head.[/QUOTE] The way the second part of this requirement is worded seems to imply reciting the entire ruleset from memory. Do you mean that they are just required to have a basic understanding of all the rules, and that they'd have to read through them with OSP trainers like we've been doing in past training? Or would this involve more intense memorization? In my opinion, memorizing the rules and reciting them verbatim would seem a bit extreme, and we could just put important rules and distinctions into the standardized exam.

[QUOTE="EarlWheeler, post: 8307, member: 207"]Do you mean that they are just required to have a basic understanding of all the rules, and that they'd have to read through them with OSP trainers like we've been doing in past training? Or would this involve more intense memorization?[/QUOTE] Well, there really isn't anything intense about having 20 rules memorized in your head, and if it is too much to handle, then don't apply for staff in the first place. If they have the free time to memorize them, good! They can take a simple quiz that re states the rules. Not something like: Recite rules 1-12 with explanation. That is just harsh. I mean a question (probably easy anyway) that needs you to know the rules.

[QUOTE="Zorak Mantis, post: 8443, member: 95"]24 or more hours on JB? that's kind of unnecessary for applying for admin lol, I think 10 hours or more would suffice, plenty enough hours to actually know the rules and observe how administrating works on the server.[/QUOTE] I guess that is true, but 5 Hours is not good enough to me

[QUOTE="Puma, post: 8311, member: 98"]Well, there really isn't anything intense about having 20 rules memorized in your head, and if it is too much to handle, then don't apply for staff in the first place. If they have the free time to memorize them, good! They can take a simple quiz that re states the rules. Not something like: Recite rules 1-12 with explanation. That is just harsh. I mean a question (probably easy anyway) that needs you to know the rules.[/QUOTE] hmm.. Thinking about this again, I think that maybe that is a little intense So maybe remove the quiz part. But the rest is fine to me

[QUOTE="Puma, post: 8450, member: 98"]I guess that is true, but 5 Hours is not good enough to me[/QUOTE] I know a server thats has 48Hrs, and that server is good, so 24Hrs would be easy. See, we are getting STAFF that should know the rules and after some staff NOT (not saying names) we SHOULD change the time and requirements some

[QUOTE="Puma, post: 8503, member: 98"]hmm.. Thinking about this again, I think that maybe that is a little intense So maybe remove the quiz part. But the rest is fine to me[/QUOTE] I feel like this could be a good promotion test or something, say you get promoted, but you need to take this and pass to be eligible, or a downgraded version of this for officer and this for like upper ranks