• Announcements

• kanalumaddela

Welcome   11/15/2016

Welcome to our community! While we are primarily a Garry's Mod community. We have expanded our servers to other areas and are welcome to new ideas and players. After registering with us, feel free to apply and become a part of our family! https://www.hearthigen.com/forms/2/hearthigen-member-application/
Nein Cat

Making a Teamspeak Music Bot (Dumbed Down)

9 posts in this topic

How to make a Teamspeak 3 Music Bot For starters, I wanted to say that even Freddy could do this. So it should be eZpZ. What you will need:

• Google Chrome
  • Teamspeak 3

Setting Up: Begin by downloading both links above, in the order I put them. You are going to use WinRAR to actually extract VB audio Cable, and we'll get to that. u6CgbK8.jpg Extract it to a new folder on your desktop, or somewhere easily accessible. jIqaupt.jpg Once you do this, go to the folder you just made. Run VBCABLE_Setup_x64.exe as administrator by Right Clicking. VSj46wO.jpg Follow the on-screen instructions. After this, right-click the speaker on your Task Bar, where your shortcuts are. kLMzUPt.jpg In the playback tab, confirm you have this, or something like it. RusyCeX.jpg In the Recording tab, confirm you have something like this. vgXLbvg.jpg Actually Importing Teamspeak into this: Once the above is completed, we can get into teamspeak. Open teamspeak, and go to Settings>Options. omPbojg.jpg Make sure your setting look exactly like mine, excluding the dark theme. ck60RZZ.jpg After you meet that^ Click Apply and go to the capture tab. a1l5I5P.jpg Go to the Hotkeys tab, and copy my settings once again. p5nyzGr.jpg Apply, and go to settings again, but instead of options, go to Identities. 3GyiBYX.jpg Click OK, then go to Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks. nTfjvkH.jpg Copy all of my settings, except the Nickname. This can be whatever you want. qLZ7lGy.jpg Getting "That Song:" So, since you have all of that set up, let's make sure problems don't occur. Open Windows Media Player by searching it up in the windows search. Wv4LMDH.jpg gEO17nO.jpg UAO4Ab3.jpg Once this is done, close out of Windows Media Player. Find a place where an MP3 is, or download one. Right click it, and select properties. l5QJcIP.jpg MTw5LSM.jpg Make sure Windows media Player is there. Once this is here, you are basically finished. Open Windows Media Player again, along with Teamspeak. Go to Bookmarks(Teamspeak) Right Click Music Bot, and Connect in new tab. You are finished. Just play the music through Windows Media Player! Hopefully this helped. If you have any questions, or if I forgot a step, comment down!

This is a well-done tutorial. Good job, son! I might add though, that should you desire to play music through your Internet browser, you can simply set your default playback device to CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable). Then set the playback for the TS Bot to CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual Cable). You then will not be able to hear sound from your computer, but you WILL hear it from the Bot (assuming you're in the same channel). Or, if you WANT to hear the sound from your computer as well, just check "listen to" CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual Cable) in the Recording Devices tab in your Windows volume settings. BE SURE TO SELECT "SPEAKERS" FROM THE DROP-DOWN MENU UNDER "LISTEN TO", OTHERWISE YOU MAY GET FEEDBACK. (I use VB Audio Cable a lot. It allows me to split audio streams, something that is very useful to me.)

[QUOTE="ForgetfulCat, post: 9237, member: 7"]This is a well-done tutorial. Good job, son! I might add though, that should you desire to play music through your Internet browser, you can simply set your default playback device to CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable). Then set the playback for the TS Bot to CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual Cable). You then will not be able to hear sound from your computer, but you WILL hear it from the Bot (assuming you're in the same channel). Or, if you WANT to hear the sound from your computer as well, just check "listen to" CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual Cable) in the Recording Devices tab in your Windows volume settings. BE SURE TO SELECT "SPEAKERS" FROM THE DROP-DOWN MENU UNDER "LISTEN TO", OTHERWISE YOU MAY GET FEEDBACK. (I use VB Audio Cable a lot. It allows me to split audio streams, something that is very useful to me.)[/QUOTE] Or you could use this [URL='http://get.videolan.org/vlc/2.2.2/win32/vlc-2.2.2-win32.exe']This[/URL] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WxGKDb3.jpg[/IMG] Press CTRL+N and put in a youtube link after doing the above from tools->Preferences and stream from there :)
1 person likes this