Is Mike Awesome Still Dead

Important
No appeal to THT?

0 posts in this topic

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=7][COLOR=#ffa64d]I know people started to appeal more with Jailbreak, but as time passes, THT seems to have lost its popularity. Jailbreak's getting more updates with random shit while THT is left under the dust. I don't even know if the staff list for THT is even updated. All I remember was removing Wishful's name off the list and then that's it. Who the fuck is even promoted or demoted? Not to mention how this is the 3rd post under THT's General Discussions ([/COLOR][COLOR=#ffff00]because 1 was deleted because Jay wasn't thinking[/COLOR][COLOR=#ffa64d]). I just wanted to ask why THT has little to no appeal as of late and see what can be improved for that manner. I get that it's the "player's choice", but if players aren't choosing to play THT, there's always a reason behind that. No players? Not your style? No girls to attract you? Not enough updates? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

We can only do as much as the players want, and if they do not want to play we certainly cannot hold them at gunpoint and demand they play. Until the players proclaim what is needed, there is unfortunately, almost nothing we can do. We are moving to hopefully increase the THT server advertisement, however, again, there is very little that I can personally do. It requires a full set of people interested in making it work for it to happen. Interestingly, if myself or [USER=7]@ForgetfulCat[/USER] log on, people play. It has to do with [I][B]how[/B][/I] people play, not whether the server is "updated" enough. I have loaded the THT server with a ton of updates, it does not make a dent in the reality that TTT is very loosely played. We will appeal as much as we can to the overall conglomerate, and while I agree, it sucks that THT is empty, there is very little Hearthigen itself can do without sparking a massive issue within it's own borders to try and save one server and destroy the others. It may seem unprecedented, or maybe just unspoken of, however, you should realize of all people how TTT is. No matter where it is hosted, it is hard to muscle into the TTT community being how long it has been established. People get [I][B]tired[/B][/I] of playing with the same 10 people, so it digresses. If you have any specific ideas on what you think we can do, I'd love to hear. Otherwise, there is really nothing we can do. I've revitalized the server multiple times, re-doing the whole thing and re-working the core, it makes little difference.

[QUOTE="Heliuxen, post: 10498, member: 1"]People get [I][B]tired[/B][/I] of playing with the same 10 people, so it digresses.[/QUOTE] I actually.... didn't realize this. I don't get tired of playing with the same 10 people (assuming the 10 people are fun to play with). Well, I'll be on TTT sometimes, and other people can be as well. Just get one or two other people on, and then invite everyone on yo' friends list.

Luckily, we actually had a lot of randoms (including some friends I had from an old DarkRP server I used to administrate) on today, and it seemed to be chill, but the sad thing is, this rarely happens. While Heliuxen is right about not holding people gunpoint to just come on THT, but we need JB staff to also help getting THT started. JB got popular because some THT staff and ExT members helped getting it started, so I wonder if some JB admins could actually help getting THT back to what it used to be. Also I feel that people are getting too lazy or scared to invite their friends to the server [I'll admit to being a little shy on inviting friends because I don't want to be THAT person to constantly invite everyone], but that's what I think should happen. JB staff and members should come on a little bit more and help populate the server. It's more beneficial for Heliuxen and players if we get THT and JB populated equally.

[QUOTE="Zorak Mantis, post: 10899, member: 95"]Luckily, we actually had a lot of randoms (including some friends I had from an old DarkRP server I used to administrate) on today, and it seemed to be chill, but the sad thing is, this rarely happens. While Heliuxen is right about not holding people gunpoint to just come on THT, but we need JB staff to also help getting THT started. JB got popular because some THT staff and ExT members helped getting it started, so I wonder if some JB admins could actually help getting THT back to what it used to be. Also I feel that people are getting too lazy or scared to invite their friends to the server [I'll admit to being a little shy on inviting friends because I don't want to be THAT person to constantly invite everyone], but that's what I think should happen. JB staff and members should come on a little bit more and help populate the server. It's more beneficial for Heliuxen and players if we get THT and JB populated equally.[/QUOTE] And some JB staff were staff on THT and should play the server they staff
1 person likes this