Heliuxen

Important
Split Affairs

8 posts in this topic

Hearthigen,

As many of you may know, we have been having issues with our players on other communities doing things they should not be doing. It is with this, that I have constantly harped the rule of "do unto others what you want done to yourself" sort of thing. In the recent times, leading up to this, very aggressive tactics were employed against us by other communities.

It is with this unfortunate mention, that I must also remind everyone as to why we formulated this community and why we did what we did. We split off from a community due to different morals, and this has been seen constantly throughout our time as a community.

Despite our actions to try and mitigate the issues on our side, we often saw a very one sided view. I let a member of another community know this, knowing full well it would be told to the others. I wanted them all to hear and know how we, as a community, truly feel. As with all actions, I expected a response. However, I was not there for such a response, and thusly, I missed a chance to actually conversate about the issue. I think it has gone on long enough and it should have been addressed anyway.

I would like it to be known, that to some, we are known as a "troll community." This has come in a number of chat logs from different people from a community of which I held to a higher stature. To quote exactly, "All of the trolls from us go to Hearthigen." This was said about two weeks ago.

While I must say that I find disdain in the fact that we have so often held the higher banner, we have so often held the higher moral ground, I saw the tension rise as the hateful words (in private and public) began to spill forth onto some of you. While I will always protect the best interests of Hearthigen, in no way have I ever taken a step to dismantle another figure or create a false ideology about anyone.

I hope everyone here realizes one thing -- I care about all of you more than the world. I will never name the ones in the issue, as I do not see a reason to do so. I do not seek conflict, and I do not care to deal with it. In all honesty, I think it is important to realize what has happened and for me to explain to all of you to know and understand what has occurred.

Being that this has become some sort of issue, I want to forewarn you guys from attending to other communities that see you as nothing more than garbage. All of you mean the world to me, and I am tired of hearing about how we're this or that. The actions that were not taken spoke louder to me than the actions that were.

I hope everyone understands how I feel about this -- in no way do I ever condone reprisals. I do not condone joining other servers -- no matter WHO they are -- to troll and ruin gameplay. You're affecting the players, not the Staff.

We have temporarily suspended the access of some to ensure that such reprisals do not occur within our community, as they could with the current tension. If you are one of these and feel that you were caught off guard, please let us know.

Hearthigen is one of the greatest communities born, and I am proud to call you all MY FAMILY! I hope everyone understands that reads this, in no way am I meaning offense towards anyone. I am simply expressing the situation and letting everyone be aware of it in a manner that explains to the fullest extent how I feel about it.

- Heliuxen

A troll community huh? That's....interesting. I don't, nor will I ever, see this community as such. I know we HAVE trolls but that doesn't make the entire community one giant troll. Guilt by association is so darn aggravating. Sadly though, we will always have these sort of things come up. Us being a top tier community and all. I am happy you posted this information Heli. Thank you for keeping us in the loop and informing us of things to avoid. We as a community need to stand united...or we all will fall alone.

Why does other servers want to compete with us... I thought we made it clear that we are here for the players, not for lust and forcing players to populate servers in order to bypass ranks. I wish these other communities that do this realize what they're doing is building themselves with broken glass.

In a nutshell, continue being good people towards the other communities. Though they are not us, and our ideologies may differ, that doesn't make those communities any less deserving of our friendship. Even if those communities may do not-so-good things to us, remember that it is not the entire community performing those actions. It is, more often that not, small outlier groups that seek conflict. We must not give them the satisfaction of engaging in said conflict.

Like Freddy said, "Guilt by association is so darn aggravating." That goes for us, but it also goes for other communities. Let's not judge a whole group by the actions of a few.

This community is great, including all members. They often come on these forums and I like to see the progression of this community. Keep up the good work heli and forgetful! [/ QUOTE]

Thanks error, you're great babycakes.

This community is great, including all members. They often come on these forums and I like to see the progression of this community. Keep up the good work heli and forgetful! [/ QUOTE]

Thanks error, you're great babycakes.

thx boo

I also meant to say I come on the forums often, rather than they.